Format: Vinyl, LP, Album

Record is VG+ with some light scuffs
Cover is split from left to right, top to bottom

Released: 1971
Genre: Funk/Soul, Jazz
Style: Smooth Jazz, Easy Listening
Credits: Engineer - Peter Klemt
Producer-James Last
Notes: Printed inner sleeve listing previous James Last releases with catalog numbers.
Printed in Germany by Gerhard Kaiser GmbH, Essen.

On the back of the cover, the English translation of the liner notes erroneously reads ?Today the Voodoo-cult is only to be found on the Antilles, especially on the island of Tahiti , while it should actually be Haiti (as written in the original German liner notes). In a later edition of the release, this error had been rectified and both versions of the liner notes refer to Haiti.

Original German 1st pressing. One of the funkier ones from Last - great covers of Inner City Blues, Sing A Simple Song, Everyday People and many more

Tracklisting:
A1.Se A Cabo
A2.Sing A Simple Song
A3.Heyah Masse-Ga
A4.Mamy Blue
A5.Jin-Go-Lo-Ba
A6.Mr.Giant Man

B1.Everybody's Everything
B2.Everyday Peple
B3.U-Humbah
B4.Inner City Blues
B5.Babalu
B6.Voodoo Ladys Love

James Last has ooh so many albums, and ooh so many of them are pure crap. It’s said that the German wunderkind released almost two albums a month at the height of his career. Yet, amongst this sea of big band pop ditties, he did create some memorable moments. Voodoo Party is one of them, simply because of the songs he chose to cover and the heavy amount of bongos, congas, etc. played throughout every track. First up is the fast paced and heavy percussion of Se A Cabo that comes complete with a couple breaks and some nice big band style horns. That flows into Sly Stone’s Sing A Simple Song that continues on with the heavy percussion, although I could do without the group male-female vocals that appear on most Last LPs. A pure instrumental version would have better in my book. That doesn’t mean however, that it’s not a good listen. Heyah Masse-Ga, with what I swear sounds like a refrain from Apache in the middle, the Afro-Beat of Olatunji’s Jin-Go-To-Ba, the 60s Pop of Everybody’s Everything, and Inner City Blues are all good as well. There’s also a cover of Everyday People, but those James Last style group vocals don’t do it for me. Oh, and did I mention that nearly every single song on the record has a percussion break in it, sometimes more than one.

VoodooPartyinside2

01.Se A Cabo

02.Sing A Simple Song

03.Heyah Masse-Ga

04.Mamy Blue

05.Jin-Go-Lo-Ba

06.Mr.Giant Man

07.Everybody's Everything

08.Everyday Peple

09.U-Humbah

010.Inner City Blues

011.Babalu